Sunday, November 28, 2010

“Cliché, c-l-i-c-h-e, cliché”


I started my career in the ‘90’s wanting to be a modern version of Mary Tyler Moore’s TV character.

Then I met a great guy, fell in love, and got married.

He wanted to be a farmer. I was expecting a baby, and was willing to nest somewhere nice and quiet - like a farmhouse.

So I traded in my briefcase for canning jars (figuratively, not literally, as the briefcase is still around here somewhere).

I’m sure this gave my friends and family moments of great amusement.

Now I have taken things one step further away from the original plan for my life.

I have started to homeschool my child, Kitten.

I’ve become a farm wife who homeschools the young ‘un!

I am such a cliché!

I’m Kitten’s teacher (I think I can do it).

I’m Kitten’s teacher (hooray).

I’m Kitten’s teacher (uh oh).

I’m Kitten’s teacher (SOMEONE HELP ME).

Send reinforcements, send a real teacher, send someone creative, and send more coffee!

Send someone who knows what that accent over the “e” in “cliché” is called.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A new adventure in your life- homeschooling. Hope it goes well. What made you decide to try it? I have thought about it at different times.Especially when my child with epilepsy struggles with the public school system! Bit, I am not sure I would have the patience. But who knows, someday maybe. I think it is becoming more popular. And I do believe there are a lot more resources and support now.
    You will be a GREAT teacher. Maybe I'll send my girls out to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think.